Arriving at the Airport: Passengers with disabilities are welcome at Dane County Regional Airport. Skycap wheelchair and baggage assistance for all airlines is available curbside at the Skycap booth located between doors 2 and 3. Skycaps can transport passengers both to the ticket agent desk and through security to the gate. It is best to contact your airline in advance if you will need wheelchair assistance at the airport, whether departing or arriving.
If you prefer to transport a person with disabilities into the terminal yourself, wheelchairs are generally available for use inside door 2. After use, please return the wheelchair to this area. If you wish to assist a person with disabilities through the security checkpoint and to the gate, you must check with your airline, not the airport, to see if they allow a checkpoint pass and, if so, what identification is required.
Parking: Security procedures require that you must not leave an unattended car parked curbside while accompanying a passenger into the terminal. Your car will be ticketed and may be towed. Park in short term parking, close-by in the ramp, pick up a wheel chair (or ask for Skycap assistance) and transport the passenger from short term parking into the terminal. Handicapped parking is available in the ramp and in the surface lot.
In the Terminal: Wide corridors, open spaces, elevators and fully accessible restrooms ease movement for persons with disabilities.
Companion Care Restrooms: All of the restrooms in the terminal are handicapped accessible and have baby changing stations. In addition, there are unisex Companion Care restrooms in the following locations:
- First Floor: Across from the American Eagle ticket agent desk, and in the Family Lounge across from the Midwest Connect ticket agent desk.
- Second Floor: Between gates 5 and 6, and down the hallway to gates 11 to 13.
Mothers' Lounges: (lactation rooms) for breast-feeding mothers, each complete with a comfortable leather chair, table, electrical outlet, sink and baby-changing table, are available in the following locations:
- In the concourse (past security) across from gate 8 off of the women's restroom labeled room 2082.
- In the concourse (past security) between gates 5 and 6 off of the women's restroom labeled room 2024.
- On the first floor, in the suite labeled "Family Lounge" across from the United Express ticket counter.
TTY Phones: TTY phones for the deaf and hard of hearing are located on the first floor, inside door 7, and on the second floor at gate 9.
Pet Relief Areas: Two pet relief areas are available for pets who are traveling with their owners.
- Located outside door # 7, adjacent to the terminal, on the north end of the ticketing level. This area is not accessible from the concourse level.
- A private restroom between gates 5 and 6 is designated as an alternative relief area. Disposable relief pads are available. This area is only accessible from the ticketing level.